We had the good fortune of connecting with LaKeisha McGee and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi LaKeisha, what are you inspired by?
I’m inspired by two things:
1. Developing a platform that creates generational wealth for my family which consists of financial freedom, spiritual healing, physical wellness and a healthy mental mentality.
2. Helping those that are plagued by social and economic injustices to heal and succeed.
What should our readers know about your business?
1. HealHer 2 Foundation is my baby I created this organization out of love and necessity. Our mission is to provide wraparound services to survivors of color during the most difficult seasons of their life. Why survivors of color I’m glad you asked they have the highest mortality rates, and they lack community resources.
2.What sets us apart from others is our ability to personalize services that support not only the survivor but the caregiver as well.
3.I’m most proud of the fact that while I was fighting for my life HealHer 2 Foundation was birthed to help others survivors.
4.I got to where I’m at today through hard work, sacrifice, and humility and it wasn’t easy but it was worth it.
5. I overcame challenges carefully and strategically.
6. I learned a few lessons one that’s very important is please find you a mentor and then pay it forward and become a mentor.
7. My brand is here to stay, as a survivor I’m invested in the breast cancer community, and until there is a cure we will be fighting and advocating for survivors.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
So I’m not a la native and I’m guilty I haven’t explored the city as much as I would like to have. I would recommend Pump Restaurant (along with a few others lol), the city winery, the museums, beaches, and hiking. Oh also Catalina island I love that place it’s beautiful. Maybe you can tell me some places to go lol
Shoutout is all about shouting out others who you feel deserve additional recognition and exposure. Who would you like to shoutout?
My parents and children have always been the true success behind my story. As a teenage mother, my parents supported me and pushed me to be my best authentic self. They never made me a statistic! My babies are my reason why I continue to push for excellence. I have to show them that anything worth having takes hard work and I need them to trust in the process.
Instagram: @specialistmcgee @heal_her2
Linkedin: Lakeisha McGee
Twitter: @specialistmcgee @heal_her2
Facebook: LaKeisha Ross McGee – Lakeisha McGee- Healher2 Foundation
Montyangelo Productions Mike Watson Films Priscillas Clips Justin Carey