We had the good fortune of connecting with danielle adams and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi danielle, what makes you happy? Why?
Can you open up a bit about your work and career? We’re big fans and we’d love for our community to learn more about your work.
I create compelling content using original photography, thoughtful design and story-telling marketing for clients on both coasts. my capabilities are well rounded from photography, creative + art direction, graphic design and all things social media. i specialize in food + bev photography, but also dabble in fashion and lifestyle photography, as the creative director of cara cara. (@caracara).
If you had a friend visiting you, what are some of the local spots you’d want to take them around to?
I’m a BIG google doc person so I’d create a custom google doc with a loose itinerary of ideas for my friend to pick from. I’m not sooo type a that i have our day planned by the hour. however, I like to have a lowkey plan up my sleeve so we aren’t striking out or on our phones looking up where to go to next. it’s so different in covid times, but let’s say it’s post-covid and things are opening back up… what that looks like for the food + bev industry I really don’t know… pretty bleak unless the government steps in with a helping hand. but optimistically, in a world where these restaurants, bars + small biz survive against the odds, an itinerary would go a little something like this…
- FRIEND arrives, i have a bottle of chilled natural wine open from psychic wines for a sip…
- … before heading to el prado, bar bandini or melody’s patio for more natty wine.
- wake up for a full eastside day: coffee + bites at one of my favorites: sqirl, honey hi or all time.
- hike at griffith park to rebuild hunger.
- afternoon marg outside at bar flores, bar calo or salazar.
- visit echo park for a stroll and a bottle to go at tilda.
- dinner at kismet, night+market or botanica.
- end the night with drinks on the eastside.
- we gotta do a westside day, starting with gjusta and a stroll through venice.
- keep driving over to malibu for hikes + beach hangs.
- sushi’s a must too, maybe chirashi bowls at murakami off of melrose.
- at some point, we’d drive over and spend a night in either ojai, los alamos or joshua tree.
- FRIEND will leave la with jeans a little tighter than when they arrived at lax.
The Shoutout series is all about recognizing that our success and where we are in life is at least somewhat thanks to the efforts, support, mentorship, love and encouragement of others. So is there someone that you want to dedicate your shoutout to?
New York City I’d like to give a shoutout to the city (that’s much not dead).