Often we don’t have to reinvent the wheel to learn something new – we can just ask experts in the field who can draw on their experience to enlighten us. Below, we’ve shared insights insiders from various industries have shared with us.

Mary Grisey | Psychic Medium and Textile Artist

The major issue within the psychic industry is the misconception that all psychics are fortune tellers. That we should immediately understand your whole life story and that you have no control over your choices. That fate and destiny trumps free will. These are all myths that need to be debunked. Read more>>

Michelle LeClerc | Creative Director, Beutler Ink

Technical proficiency is as important as creativity. Being fluent in the right tools is essential to executing your idea. That’s why agencies should ensure that all designers continue to adapt their expertise to changing technologies in order to maintain excellence on every level. Read more>>

Mona Molayem | Millennial-Luxury Travel Blogger & Influencer

There are so many misconceptions about influencers and our industry, and a lot more goes into this career than one might imagine. To start, yes, influencers are content creators. That includes being photographers/videographers, editors, graphic designers, copywriters and marketers; BUT more than that, successful Influencers are first and foremost entrepreneurs. The biggest downfall I see even inside the industry from new influencers trying to monetize their content is that they focus too much on being content creators and are unaware of the business aspect of what it means to be an influencer. Anyone can be a content creator — all you have to do is make content and put it out there. But content creation is only about 5% of the job, where the other 95% is actually sales. Read more>>