We had the good fortune of connecting with Christine Abdelmalek and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Christine, what habits do you feel play an important role in your life?
There’s so many factors that come together and facilitate a person, brand, or company’s success. One of the major factors that has served me well over the years is my drive to dig for the hard to find answers. If I’m presented with a problem or a question, I will do whatever it takes to research and find the solution for myself. I will not stop until I figure out the path that will point me in the right direction. So many times in business, things come up that you can’t ask someone else about and you can’t just google the answer. You have two options at that point, either just throw your hands up in the air and give up, or get creative and start the hunt to find the answers you’re seeking. If you’re not willing to put in the effort for those hard to reach issues, you won’t ever be successful. You have to be driven from within to propel yourself forward and make things happen.
Alright, so for those in our community who might not be familiar with your business, can you tell us more?
Pink Papyrus is a brand for dogs by people who love them. We see ugly dog accessories everywhere and we’re here to fix that. We obsess over quality and deliver results that feel as good as they look. We don’t do cheap and we don’t cut corners because when we say you and your dog deserve the best, we actually mean it. You inspire us to create a lifestyle brand that elevates the relationship between a dog and their human.
Our brand is widely recognized for being both modern, fresh, and colorful while possessing the qualities of unparalleled quality and durability. When our customers shop with us, they are purchasing pieces that will not just look great, but will last.
Building a brand is not a small or easy task. It’s a slow climb up the face of a mountain. The challenges we’ve faced along the way have been too numerous to count. No matter what you’re facing in the moment, if you believe in what you’re doing, your purpose, and the products you sell, you will find your way to success.
Let’s say your best friend was visiting the area and you wanted to show them the best time ever. Where would you take them? Give us a little itinerary – say it was a week long trip, where would you eat, drink, visit, hang out, etc.
– Disneyland (I mean, hello!) Who doesn’t love a little Disney magic?!
– Laguna Beach – it’s an iconic must have Orange County experience.
– Newport Beach – getting out to the harbor and watching all the boats is such a fun experience. Love getting out on the whale watching cruises.
– Huntington Beach – we love watching the surfers do their thing! Stopping by the pier is a must!
– Heisler Park – definitely taking our friends out to this park over looking Laguna Beach. The views are incredible and the scenery is so gorgeous. It’s the perfect spot for some good catch up conversation
– Ruth Chris – the PLACE to go for a steak! Plus, it’s originally founded in New Orleans, LA, my home town turf. Gotta take it back to the roots when we can.
– Sushi Damu – this is our go to all you can eat sushi spot out in Tustin. It is SO good and has a really good vibe. Bring your appetite to this one!
– Cream Pan – also out in Tustin. The strawberry croissants with the little cream in the middle? Aw heck yea!
– Omomo – heading out to Irvine for this tea shop. Even if you don’t typically like boba, you will LOVE this place!
– Boiling Crab – not getting your hands dirty isn’t really option BUT it’s so worth it for the insanely flavorful bags of seafood goodness that get served up here!
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
I would not be where I am today nor would Pink Papyrus be where it is without the love, support, and daily encouragement of my husband, Kiro. Taking on way more than the roll of cheerleader and husband, Kiro has immersed himself in the brand from day one. He has encouraged me to keep going at my lowest points, gave me careful and wise guidance during my most unsure times, and has always been the biggest supporter and teammate. None of this would have been possible without his love and unwavering support.